Monday, June 9, 2014

Scranimals in Second Grade

Students in second grade have been exploring Jack Prelutsky's poetry. Recently we read Scranimals which explores the world of Scranimal Island and it's odd creatures. Creatures in the poetry collection are combinations of a plant and an animal. Students tried their hand at creating their own Scranimal. See examples below.






Pupshroom by Amanda

Oh, pupshroom your such a cutey,
With your big eyes and your beauty.
You might cry, you might moan,
But you will be on your own.
I love you, you love me,
And we are just meant to be.
Even though I might love you,
I will still always eat you.


Frapple by Jake

The Frapple sits by the water
Of an apple, of a frog
It looks so tastey
I so want to eat it
Bye bye frog
I'm going to eat you
Oh no! He got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment