Sunday, June 7, 2015

Students' Book Look Questions in Library Class

A few weeks ago, I decided to write down all of the questions students ask me during our checkout time. Book Look and checkout is always a whirlwind of activity at every grade level. At the end of the day, when I reflect on how the day went, it's not always easy to remember the details of checkout time. Usually somewhere between three and twelve students ask me questions about books within a ten minute time period. This was a great exercise to document the range of questions students have during Book Look in the library.  It's encouraging to see how students are interested in exploring a wide variety of topics.
  • Can you recommend a good book for me?
  • Do you have any books about real ghosts?
  • Can we research our person for the biography project at home?
  • Recommendations for the two of us? We want to read the same book.
  • Where are the Bad Kitty books?
  • Do you have any books on ATV’s or motorbikes?
  • How do I change a book from my Currently Reading to Have Read shelves in My Quest?
  • I went to the Seekonk library and got out a bunch of books and realize I have high expectations for what I read. Do you have any good fantasy chapter books?
  • Is The Blessing Cup by Patricia Polacco historical fiction or nonfiction?
  • Can I use a Google search result for my paper if it is an “ad”?
  • Can you put the Philadelphia Eagles book aside for me when it comes in?”
  • Can you see I lost a tooth? - kindergartener :)
  • Do you have a 2015 almanac?
  • Can you help me find a good fantasy book?
  • I’m having trouble finding a book. Can you help me find something good?
  • Do you have another book about Helen Keller?
  • Do you have a short fantasy book for my book talk?
  • Is there a Coretta Scott King book here?
  • Is Cinderella a fantasy book?
  • Do you have a book about sea monsters?
  • Do you have any Lego books?
  • Where are the princess books?

No comments:

Post a Comment