Friday, November 23, 2012

Fourth Grade Booktalks

Fourth graders will be starting their book talks this week. Students need to pick a book that they have read and do an ad-like presentation to get the audience excited about the book. Criteria for the booktalks:
1. Did I get my audience's attention?
2. Did I give the facts?
3. Did I mention the story elements of my book?
4. Did I look and sound the part?
Last year, the book talk presentations were outstanding. Students got very excited both to present and watch the booktalks and I think they really did inspire each other both in their creative presentations and in encouraging each other to read. One of my favorite props last year was this Diary of a Wimpy kid television diorama. Stay tuned for this year's creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment